“Takes us on a breathless thrill ride, confronting generations of family drama that
leave us amazed and stunned"
- Ed Cunningham, Philadelphia broadcaster
“In this extraordinary, shockingly personal, historically mind-expanding true-life adventure, he establishes himself as a major player in the ranks of America's greatest storytellers”
- Phil Proctor, actor (stage, film, Firesign Theater), author of "Where's My Fortune Cookie?"
“A fine writer whose sentences are toothsome and nourishing, turning in unexpected directions”
- Ben Yagoda, educator and author of "Will Rogers - A Biography" and "The B-Side"
“Clearly and evocatively told”
- Timothy Ferris, author of "Coming of Age in the Milky Way" and "The Whole Shebang"
“All of the elements that make a great story (and great storyteller)... incredible and true. Murder, intrigue, longing, redemption, unsolved mysteries, solved mysteries, it's all there!”
- Anne P. Mitchell, Amazon Hall of Fame reviewer
“Quite a 'larger than life' story... Kudos for his investigation
and determination to find the truth"
- Jim McCarty, drummer for The Yardbirds, Renaissance and other groups
“A remarkable true story, well researched and engagingly recounted”
- Paula Bernstein, author of "How To Be Golden"
other reader comments:
"The story was compelling and jaw-dropping.... I eagerly kept reading to find out what happened next"
"A twisty tale of Americana... witty, literate, thoroughly engaging"
“Characters and what they’ve experienced are colorful and interestingly complex”